1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

SEALS Bullying Year 1 and 2 Humpty Dumpty

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by teachingtoolong, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Can anyone help me please. I am trying to locate a story mentioned in the SEALs book that refers to Humpty Dumpty. I know it is a nursery rhyme but am I missing something?

2. Can anyone help me please. I am trying to locate a story mentioned in the SEALs book that refers to Humpty Dumpty. I know it is a nursery rhyme but am I missing something?

3. amt

amt

No I dont think you are missing anything, there isnt a book in the booklist, you might beed access to a nursery rhyme book, the info below is taken from the theme overview

"The children show their list of some of the feelings that Humpty Dumpty felt
    when he was pushed off the wall. They say how the servants helped to make
    things better for Humpty Dumpty."

When you look at the resource booklet it also allows you to develop an imaginary story around humpty, hence the servents.

I think this is in to help the younger children understand more about feelings associated with bullying. The theme overview does suggest a different story is used for young children in the assembley for example.

Hope this helps

4. Or you may be referring to The Terrible Fate of Humpty Dumpty which is a drama script about bullying

5. I was stuck on this and after checking with the rest of the staff I focused on Cinderella as she is bullied by her stepsisters but is helped by the fairy godmother etc. Dont know if this helps but it worked with my class and for the assembly at the end of the project!

6. What a fab idea and a much better scenario! Think I'll use Cinderella as well instead of the strange Humpty Dumpty idea!