1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

seal songs for nursery and reception

Discussion in 'Music' started by sparklepig2002, Aug 31, 2011.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

hello
    I have been asked to find some SEAL based songs to teach to nursery and reception for use in their weekly assembly. does anyone have any suggestions to get me started?
    many thanks

2. Have you tried the sing up website? www.singup.org. You can search by keystage and by topic and they have lyrics, backing tracks and teaching resources for each song. You'll need to register to access all the backing tracks and teaching resources.

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I'm still trying to work out what SEAL based means! Is it anything to do with the now defunct Society for Effective Learning, or Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning or some other acronym? I doubt that it could be about seals, as it's capped up.
    <table id="AcrFinder" class="AcrFinder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="acr"> </td><td> </td></tr><tr><td class="acr"> </td><td> </td></tr></table>

4. sparklepig2002

the latter - Social and emotional.......
    my school still follows this for assemblies and for PHSE lessons- new beginnings, good to be me, going for goals etc. etc
    If I can't find any songs will have to resort to writing my own - but all extra work!

5. I'm afraid i'm far from a nursery speciailist but i'm assuming an important factor would be that the songs are melodically easy with few lyrics. What about some traditional spiritual/early gospel stuff? Obviously through the nature of the genre it lends itself to simple shapes and a lot of repetition of lyric. Any good?

6. sparklepig2002

many thanks

7. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Okki Tokki Unga!!