1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seal Changes assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by trixielou, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I need to write a class assembly based on seal theme changes for my year 5 class. Any ideas?

2. bigbop

bigbop New commenter

Hey! So do I!

Was wondering about asking the children to talk the biggest changes that have happened to them at home and at school over the past year. Or maybe think about Year 6 and what changes hey tink will occur then and what they can do to cope.

I'm interested in any ideas from the forum members

3. its a tough one! Did ask mine about changes they have gone through but didn't really get a great response to that.

4. purplepixie

purplepixie New commenter

Can't you adapt an assembly from the SEAL pack?

5. another class have already done that! :-(

6. anyone please!

7. Hi
    I had to do this last year. Started the assembly by playing a PowerPoint of pictures of people and how they change from birth to old age. Then I found a cartoon of the story of the ugly duckling on youtube. I played it in assembly (the kids loved it) then my class asked the others what had happened to the duckling and how he had changed, etc. Then we talked about other changes that we go through. It was centred around Year 6 as I teach that year group. We finished it off with pictures of the children when they started school and pictures now. Also played the song 'Changes' from the shrek soundtrack. Hope this is useful!