1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEAL Calm Down Zone - Display Resources??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Emnemz, Aug 24, 2009.

1. We follow SEAL in our school and every classroom has a calm down area for children to go in if they are upset/angry or whatever and it's being used really well.
    I've just moved classes to Reception and would like some display resources for this area. Things like a poster of a child counting to 10 or thinking about what they have done, drinking some water etc.

I've looked everywhere but maybe I'm just not typing in the right thing? Calm down zone? Calm down area? Cool down place? Comfort zone?
    Please help me! It will be very much appreciated if anybody had anything already :)

TIA!

2. We follow SEAL in our school and every classroom has a calm down area for children to go in if they are upset/angry or whatever and it's being used really well.
    I've just moved classes to Reception and would like some display resources for this area. Things like a poster of a child counting to 10 or thinking about what they have done, drinking some water etc.

I've looked everywhere but maybe I'm just not typing in the right thing? Calm down zone? Calm down area? Cool down place? Comfort zone?
    Please help me! It will be very much appreciated if anybody had anything already :)

TIA!

3. Superkings, I love your resources (you know!) and would love it, if you don't mind, seeing your magic turned into posters for the calming down ideas.
    I have an aspergers child next year and want to incorporate something like these in his area.
    Many thanks.

4. Hi. I used this "Be In Control" display. http://www.primaryclassroomresources.co.uk/acatalog/info_1_CD3254.html
    I have also made a time out zone outside the classroom for the whole school. In it I put some feelings cards I made using the photoset from SEAL. I just copied and pasted the emotions pictures onto a word document and wrote the emotion underneath. I then laminated them for the display. I wrote my own calming down tips for the display. I have put paper and pencils in the time out area along with a cd player and headphones. I have a calming CD to put in it. I also used the "beach" display roll from this website. http://www.ss-services.co.uk/acatalog/Display.html
    Hope this helps. Good luck.

5. Yes it's these but I just don't feel like they're very Reception friendly! Anything will be much appreciated :)

6. Superkings, this would be fab. I have a difficult class next year and think that an area like this would be super. I am going out to get a calming CD/cassette for these children to listen to. Would be great to have posters. What sort of activities do you have in an area like this? I have a year 4 class, btw. [​IMG]

7. poster will be ready soon to upload [​IMG]

8. posters!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Great! [​IMG] Where can I find them?

10. I am looking forward to them immensly!

11. Here at last! Hope you find them useful.
    Clipart images of boy girl added individually for you to change incase you wanted the posters for a specific child
    <font face="Calibri"></font>

12. Hi Superkings.
    I know that this is an old thread but the link is not working and I can't find the posters by searching.
    Do you still have the posters or know where I can get them please? HT wants us to have them up in the classroom and your's would save me so much time and be so much better than I could do.