1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scripts for GCSE - anyone used?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by vhatcher, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Hi, I am wondering if anyone has ever used the 'Scripts for GCSE' and had good results - I have a group of 6 girls that I think could do an amazing job of Albeit Mach Frei and Mobile Phone for Paper 2 but am scared to use them in regards to not knowing what examiners think.

Cheers

2. Hi, I am wondering if anyone has ever used the 'Scripts for GCSE' and had good results - I have a group of 6 girls that I think could do an amazing job of Albeit Mach Frei and Mobile Phone for Paper 2 but am scared to use them in regards to not knowing what examiners think.

Cheers

3. What about Top Girls???

4. Sorry... first time ive used this forum and i have posted it in the wrong place!!!

5. We've used some of the 'Scripts For GCSE' very successfully, including Let him Have It, Trainers, Dr Faustus. This year I have groups doing The Disappeared, Let him Have it and Josephine The Angel. The scripts provide an excellent starting point. They are not quite long enough as written if you need 30 minutes, but this allows time to add their own ideas such as monologues or maybe a piece of physical theatre.

Paul

6. Stupid question - but I can't find this - where do I get it from please?

7. Have used these scripts with huge success. Managed to gat 100% A/B with a year 10 group. The trick is to use these as a bare bones skeleton, and use some Frantic Assembly or Berkoff approach. The students themselves come upo with some great ideas once they have these scripts. I'm certainly going to use them again. Some are however, much better than others, depending on the group size etc. Naturalistic approaches display both the student and script weaker points in my opinion. Good luck!

8. Good to know that people use my scripts. Almost all of them were written as a 'bare bones skeletons' to encourage physical theatre approaches to working with text and to allow for maximum student input. They aren't intended as naturalistic pieces; it'll be a disaster if students try to do them naturalistically.