1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scripted lessons -in your school yet?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by emerald52, Sep 5, 2017.

1. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I agree that it is a terrible idea, but have worked with those who would love them!

I remember once giving some outline (very outline) plans to a department of what needed to be covered in each lesson over the term. I gave a LO and some ideas for activities, but said they could choose their own if they had better ones. (We were moving away from using a published scheme.) A member of staff was furious that they now had to plan their own lessons and, in their words, 'think ahead about the lesson and decide what to do rather than just follow what's there.' I kid you not!

I have also taught with someone who looked at the White Rose scheme and said "But how do you know how to teach it? It doesn't tell you what to say to the children, nor how to explain things." Errrrrr ..... because I'm a teacher?!

emerald52 and palmtree100 like this.
  2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Just to let you know that there is a feature about this topic in this week's Tes magazine.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

This has been the norm for me for about 5 years now.

When first introduced there was resistance... so they threatened Capability. Resistance ended.

schoolsout4summer and emerald52 like this.