1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Script for 5 females??

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by resources4drama, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Can you specify the board and the level?

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Top Girls, Magdelene Whitewash, Be My Baby, Crucible...

3. Stags and Hens. Little Women (yawn).

4. I've done Tissue with five girls and it worked really well. Also Be My Baby and Lear's Daughters.

5. This site also has a "search by gender / number" facility (Script finder in top right corner)

6. Sweet FA by Mark Wheeller

details on wheellerplays.com

Lots of opportunities for 5 girls.

M

7. 4.48 Psychosis
    Grimm's Tales
    Find Me
    Us and Them
    all have worked well for me in the past

8. Retro Bates

Retro Bates New commenter

The Wild Bunch. Bryony Lavery

9. Well, as the OP hasn't clarified which board/ level this is, and everyone seems to be assuming that it GCSE, I'll do sso too and suggest this.

10. corblimeyguvnor

corblimeyguvnor New commenter

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. It's actually AS Edexcel Unit 2 I am looking for suggestions for. We did 4:48 and Tissue last year. I have heard about Lear's Daughters but could anyone point me to where I can get hold of it? It's not available from my usual sources.
    I will look into the Bryony Lavery one too :) Thanks

11. I had to get it as part of a collection of Shakespeare's adaptations. Can't think of the exact name but it's on amazon.

12. thingwall

thingwall New commenter

I've used Minghella's Whale Music a lot. There are 3 main female characters throughout the play. Two others arrive for the 2nd half. There are also two smaller parts that could be doubled up with the character of D.

13. That is brills, guys. Ta V much!

14. Also try dancing at lughnasa by Brian friel. You can cut the male parts quite easily ... And if they are a string group then it should be a nice challenge to do the Irish accents.

15. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter