1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

screencast

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by HappyHippy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. You might have to record the audio separately, but try Wink. It may or may not do external audio simultaneously.

By separately, I don't necessarily mean at different times - you can use the Windows audio recorder at the same time.

2. Have you tried Screenr? Its pretty good but only does 5 minutes (which I find handy to keep the waffle down!) Of course this doesn't work in my school but screencast-o-matic does.....on some of the machines. (Brand new school and incompatibilities between fat client, thin client and laptops!)

3. BarryRiley

BarryRiley New commenter

Camstudio if you're on about screen-capture. It's free and pretty much faultless

4. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

I've found that camstudio can crash when compiling videos, though this may because of the codec in use. Camstudio will generate massive AVI files unless you use an alternative codec.

Camtasia is a good package and includes a good post production editor, though it is not free. Educational licences are available.