1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Screen size too large! ( Dell Laptop)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vampyria, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

Would be grateful for any advice re solving the above!
    This happened during normal usage ( though I know the cat walked across keyboard earlier! ) and have tried adjusting the resolution and print size to no avail. Still unable to restore to original 'setting'.
    The screen isn't overly large-it just means some content won't fit within screen width and print is larger then before.
    Many thanks in advance!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Did you try the zoom feature in tools?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Look at the bottom right of the screen can you see 150% (or another number) click on that to change zoom level.

Or hold control down and press the minus key.

Or go to view on the tool bar and find zoom in the drop down menu.

4. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

Thanks a lot folks!
    Completely forgot about the zoom which used to be on bottom right of screen!
    *Confirms my suspicion about the cat, though in the past this resulted in the screen being rotated* [​IMG]

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Sounds like your cat is having a laugh.
    Even quicker way to change size - hold down control while scrolling up or down with mouse wheel or pad
    A handy way to zoom out the ads down the side of TES forums too

6. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

Thanks Giraffe. Will bookmark this thread, for next time!
    The rotating screen though usually occurred late at night ( tired ) when I had something important to complete for next day! Frantically trying to remember the 'code' to restore it. Once I had to finish something with screen rotated 90 deg! [​IMG]