1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Screechy baby with OH

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by leeds28, Feb 17, 2011.

1. My LO is 16 weeks old and for the past few nights has really screamed and cried when left with his dad. It doesn't happen in the mornings or at weekends, just when OH gets in from work, and I try and get some jobs done. He stops when I hold him, but tonight he was so upset it took me a long while to settle him. It doesn't even matter if I'm in the room, he still cries. OH is very easy going, and looks forward to seeing his baby all day, and I'm finding it really hard. It is just a phase? Anyone else had similar?

2. My LO is 16 weeks old and for the past few nights has really screamed and cried when left with his dad. It doesn't happen in the mornings or at weekends, just when OH gets in from work, and I try and get some jobs done. He stops when I hold him, but tonight he was so upset it took me a long while to settle him. It doesn't even matter if I'm in the room, he still cries. OH is very easy going, and looks forward to seeing his baby all day, and I'm finding it really hard. It is just a phase? Anyone else had similar?

3. Snap! So no advice I'm afraid. She has also started doing it this with everyone but me, then when I'm holding her again she grins at whoever she was previously screaming at! I think it could be seperation anxiety but I don't know anything about it, or what to do. She is 22 weeks and has been like it in the evenings for a while but is now like it a lot more.

4. Same here! Glad it's not just here.