1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scratch for Unit 4 OCR Nationals?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by scaredymare, May 15, 2011.

1. Is this possible? I think it meets all the criteria but being a Nationals newbie I thought I'd check. I have a lot of pupils who are capable of great things Scratch.

2. For level 2, multimedia?

3. Sorry, yes. Level 2 Multimedia.

4. No, it isn't.
    We've had this one before.
    Read the spec.

5. I have. It says 'appropriate multimedia software.' Scratch is interactive and You can include images and sound as well, although not video. I'd better find previous posts as you suggest.

6. Surely you'd be better off doing Unit 18?

7. I did think about unit 18 but it won't appeal to some of my pupils (who are doing compulsory ICT in KS4 for the 1st time). I want to appeal to as many of them in mixed ability classes as possible, and unit 4 using PowerPoint for the low abilities and Scratch for the higher ones would give an element of choice whilst doing the same unit.

I couldn't find any other threads on this subject butdidnt look too hard. I'll think more about this another time -better concentrate on my penultimate DIDA class for now!