1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scottish saint school in Thailand

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by SUgar1, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Has anybody heard back from the interview yet?

2. Anybody?

3. Buttles

Buttles New commenter

Sadly, you will find Thailand only wants to recruit cheap teachers.

4. Well they didn't want to recruit me. :-( Finding out on a Saturday morning wasn't the best time though!!

5. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

Sounds a bit like the UK then, only with less crime and more sunshine.

6. nemo.

nemo. New commenter

Less crime? Check the stats.

7. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Perhaps this reflects the type of schools that are offering you posts, rather than Thai schools as a whole.
    Salaries in Thailand range from awful to very good. Even the awful ones have happy teachers though; I knew a guy earning 'local rates' but but wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

8. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Out of interest, what subject(s) do you offer? You'll be surprise which ones are difficult to fill and which aren't. Keep trying.[​IMG]

9. I am a primary teacher. Not sure if this makes it easier/harder to find positions? Will keep trying. I only just have 2 years teaching experience though so feel this is working against me?!

10. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

I got a job in China with what will be two years experience in July. Don't loose heart. Keep trying and good luck.