1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scottish Artwork

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by dougaldog1, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any ideas for some Scottish artwork to do during Burns week? I am stumped and its compulsary?? :s

2. Does anyone have any ideas for some Scottish artwork to do during Burns week? I am stumped and its compulsary?? :s

3. What age?

Further up the school -Charles Rennie Macintosh patterns are great -make book marks or do onto tracing paper and stick on the windows as stained glass.

4. Have a look at the Scottish colourists and then draw and paint still lives looking at the colour and shape.

5. I have also done some work with younger children looking at Mairi Hedderwick's (I think- Katie Morag author) illustrations and pictures of lanscape of the islands. We then did collage of landscape looking at the colours.

Another thing was looking at ancient Scotland and the clothing. We drew pictures, dyed fabric with natural dyes and did some weaving.

With upper stages we looked at the story of Robert the bruce and made 3D shoe box scene models.

6. In the past we've designed t-shirts using a collage effect of 'Scottish icons' e.g. Nessie, Scottie dogs, tartan, Irn Bru, highland landscapes etc.
    Younger pupils painted large thistles using vivid colours - very effective.
    We printed the images on to t-shirts as part of our Homecoming celebrations.