1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scotland's Chief Medical office warned by the police for...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by WB, Apr 5, 2020.

1. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

She should have been sacked.

agathamorse likes this.
  2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

So firstly Nicola Sturgeon tries to defend Dr Calderwood by saying that anyone can make a mistake then, when it turns out not to be the first mistake made by her Chief Medical Officer (Calderwood had travelled to her second home the previous weekend as well), Sturgeon says the CMO will continue working but will not appear in press conferences.

Now Dr Calderwood has had to resign, Nicola Sturgeon will be seen to have been swayed by the media and by public opinion instead of making a firm decision from the outset that the CMO's behaviour was indefensible.

Not a great outcome for the leader of the SNP or her CMO.

agathamorse, WB and border_walker like this.
  3. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Of course the Queen has moved to her second (or possibly third or fourth) home at Sandringham. I don't think anyone has suggested she should resign.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Her Majesty (until last night anyway) hasn't been on national TV telling people to stay in.

It is a monumentally poor error of Judgement on her part

Not you Maam.....

agathamorse likes this.
  5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

When did that happen? She was in Windsor to record the broadcast message.

agathamorse likes this.
  6. christubbs

christubbs New commenter

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

7. shakes1616

shakes1616 Established commenter

if it's her second home (why do people need second homes?), then why can't she go there? She can't infect anybody when she is in her home whether it's her first home or her second. The police are just being pedantic.

8. shakes1616

shakes1616 Established commenter

The instruction not to go anywhere except to get necessities like shopping is to stop car accidents from taking up NHS time anyway so I can't see the police's point. She should be able to go to0 which ever home she owns if she wants to although she has to travel by car. So..........

9. WB

WB Lead commenter

That'll be me then! Since the lockdown began I've observed it religiously!

I'm without sin so I get to chuck a stone at her! Stupid, arrogant, hypocritical, dangerous idiot!

10. WB

WB Lead commenter

No matter how careful you are, you always run the risk of passing the virus on to somebody else. If you travel from a densely populated area where the virus is causing problems to a different area you are risking the safety of people in that area. People knew this in 1665.