1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCORM compliant maths software

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by jakkearney, Jan 24, 2011.

1. My school is moving quickly to using its VLE for everything including homework. I am using mymaths to support independent learning amongst pupils (they love it esp for revision). Does anyone know of some good SCROM compliant software that can sit in the VLE and track work, achievements etc from KS3 to IB level?

The VLE system we have is its learning.

2. My school is moving quickly to using its VLE for everything including homework. I am using mymaths to support independent learning amongst pupils (they love it esp for revision). Does anyone know of some good SCROM compliant software that can sit in the VLE and track work, achievements etc from KS3 to IB level?

The VLE system we have is its learning.

3. Is MyMaths itself SCORM compliant? I think at least some of it is made in Flash and is not XML compliant. Also (pasted) SCORM systems constrain a learner to a fixed set of paths through the training material, permit the learner to "bookmark" their progress when taking breaks, and assure the acceptability of test scores achieved by the learner. Doesn't sound like any learning system I've ever seen in a school. Why is a US defence standard deemed so important?

We use Moodle for our VLE, open source & easy to administer (for anyone with a basic grounding in IT (my limited knowledge of Mac OS user support was enough to get us up and running).

4. SCORM is just a coding standard to allow anyone to write an activity to (in theory) link to any VLE that is SCORM compliant (they all should be). So basically SCORM activities are just web pages with additional information that means they can be used in any VLE, tell the VLE what to do (like saving users scores in a test). It is deemed important because it means that schools can run their own VLEs, under their own control (thus having control over their students' data), and choose resources which are guaranteed to work.
    Think of MyMaths as a revision service that also replicates the student tracking features of a VLE for schools who can't get their own VLE working/used (there are a few of those). You will not be able to link the two, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with SCORM.

5. I think you misunderstood my question (or I phrased it incorrectly): is MyMaths SCORM compliant? I think no is the answer since it doesn't integrate with other LMS, which is what the other poster asked.

In questioning the standard I was pointing out that in reality, most schools don't have the time to set up complex courses so will tend to 'buy' in very expensive services.
    Does anyone know of any maths resources that are compliant?