1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scope for someone new

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by sabahathamid, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi there
    My husband is already in UK and I plan to hopefully join him this Summer.I have been working in some of the top rated prrivate schools in Pakistan for the last 14 years.My experience ranges from teaching to administrative aspects of running a school.
    I have a masters degree in Chemistry and my concern is that if I would be eligible to work in a UK school or not.Actually I have found out that one needs to have a QTS to work as a permanent teacher in UK.I wanted to find out what scope do I have if I wish to teach in a school in UK, maybe not as a permanent teacher but as a part time one....?
    Thanks
    Awaiting a response
    Sabahat Hamid

2. Hi there
    My husband is already in UK and I plan to hopefully join him this Summer.I have been working in some of the top rated prrivate schools in Pakistan for the last 14 years.My experience ranges from teaching to administrative aspects of running a school.
    I have a masters degree in Chemistry and my concern is that if I would be eligible to work in a UK school or not.Actually I have found out that one needs to have a QTS to work as a permanent teacher in UK.I wanted to find out what scope do I have if I wish to teach in a school in UK, maybe not as a permanent teacher but as a part time one....?
    Thanks
    Awaiting a response
    Sabahat Hamid

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You may need to look into a PGCE or GTP training year. You can work in private schools without QTS or maybe look at Universities? Good Luck!

4. loranp

loranp New commenter

This is what the TDA/Teaching Agency/whatever they're called at the moment says about it - TDA site
    Hope that's useful! Sorry for the messy link but I can't access any of the rich-text editing features on my iPad

5. loranp

loranp New commenter

http://www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/overseas-trained-teacher-programme.aspx

managed to edit the link out of the post entirely! You wouldn't think I've got an A Level in ICT, goodness me.

6. Thank you for your response and going through all the pain of sending me the link...and don't worry, my ICT skills aren't that good either...[​IMG]

7. Thanks a lot for your input...and it is good to know that Ican try my luck in some private schools as well...