1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCLY4 Paper Crime and Media

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by BillSimpson, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Has anyone sent for any of their candidate's SCLY4 papers from the June exam?
    In particular I'd like to hear from anyone who had a student who produced a top answer on the question looking at media links with crime. I've sent for three papers from good students. They included ideas about fear of crime, distortions in media reporting, left realism, an analysis of Cohen and commentary on cyber crime but only obtained half marks. So I'm at a loss and would like to know what a top answer looked like.

2. Yep, I have answers from A* candidates. Not at school for the next week, but if you put your e-mail addy up, I'm happy to pass them on.
    Slight disclaimer in that we already do sociology of media, as opposed to beliefs in society.

3. Will do!
    thank you very much

4. The address
    bill(dot)simpson at sjr(dot) ac(dot) uk

5. Could i be total bandwagon jumper and get in on this too?!?!? I will private messga email - would be such a help!

6. Another bandwagon jumper here too. Email is Kezza119@hotmail.com

Sorry - I really hate it when people do this, but I am really worried about my A2s, I don't feel very confident about their exam technique.

Thanks

7. Sorry folks, just logged in for the first time in a while. It's on my things to do list for tomorrow. If you want SCLY2 - Edu, or SCLY3 - Media exemplars, these are also up for grabs.

8. Hello,

We are newbies to sociology and this is the first time we have run the A2 Sociology course, we have struggled to find top grade answers to use as a guide. i would be most appreciative of answers you have for Crime and Deviance and education units.
    sbawn@aldridge.walsall.sch.uk
    Thanks.
    Sasb

9. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

ThereAreBunniesInMyHead Occasional commenter

Please can i jump on the bandwagon too? I'd love to see some A / A* exemplar work for both Unit 2 Education, and then for A2 the Crime and Media topics.. my email is rgermaine@carshaltonboys.org thanks so much for this!
    x

10. Hi
    I hope you don't mind me emailing too but I have been reading these
    discussions about top grade
    exam papers. I'm new to teaching A Levels and wonder whether you could also
    send me some examples for each unit if you have them?
    We are doing Culture/Education/Media and Crime. My email address is melanie.edwards@llandrillo.ac.uk
    Many thanks in advance
    Melanie

11. hi, i have just started a post about A2 mass media, as I am teaching it for the first time and i saw this post. I am getting confused about the different models for audiences...any advice welcome!!