1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCITT

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by SaddleworthSimon, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I would have thought they'd ask you something about how you feel your time with the students went in your observed lesson. All the other questions could be fairly generic, why teaching? What attributes will make you a good teacher (probably covered in your presentation)? etc. As long as you draw from experience I'm sure you'll be fine! Make sure you get a good night's sleep beforehand as well.

Best of luck

2. Good luck for a start!
    I am a current student on the course and it is wonderful, though very hard work!
    They say not to worry about the audits and the psychometric testing and it is really true, it is not anything they will take into consideration when making their choice.
    I really enjoyed my interview day and I am sure you will be fine.
    The people interviewing you are lovely, they will instantly try and put you at ease and they are all intimately connected to the course and really understand students.
    The reception class is where I am currently on placement, but I won't be in tomorrow as I am going for a job interview!! AGHHHR! You just need to interact with the pupils and you will be fine.
    Again interview questions are nothing too stressful.
    The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to try and relax and let your personality shine through. You have done well to come this far. They are just trying to see whether you would 'fit' I guess. They're not looking for perfection, but for potential.
    Have a good day x