1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCITT STORY

Discussion in 'Primary' started by libby2011, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I have been invited for an interview at Tendring Hundred Primary SCITT on the 23rd January.
    As part of the interview I have been asked to prepare a 20 minute activity for a group of 5 or 6 children aged between 7-9 years. This could be based on a short story, poem or non-fiction book.
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a book or poem that would be appropriate for this? I'm a bit stuck!
    Thanks in advance,
    Libby

2. Hi all,
    I have been invited for an interview at Tendring Hundred Primary SCITT on the 23rd January.
    As part of the interview I have been asked to prepare a 20 minute activity for a group of 5 or 6 children aged between 7-9 years. This could be based on a short story, poem or non-fiction book.
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a book or poem that would be appropriate for this? I'm a bit stuck!
    Thanks in advance,
    Libby

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, my advice, for what it's worth, is always go with something you know and are confident with. You'll have enough other things to worry about in an interview.
    What's your own favourite story? Or which story have you used with a class which went down well?
    But the main point is to think of your lesson objective? What do you want the children to get out of the lesson?