1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCITT Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by maxstuart85, Oct 17, 2019.

1. maxstuart85

maxstuart85 New commenter

Hi Everyone,

I'm after some advice. I'm looking to brush up on my skills before my SCITT interview and wondered if anyone can give me an insight into what the fundamental skills testing is likely to involve?

I also have to do a 5 minute presentation with the title 'My commitment and ability to be an outstanding teacher’. Has anyone had any experience on these interviews. I'm not allowed to use a powerpoint presentation but I'd like to be able to use a prop or something unexpected that will engage and grab the attention of the listeners.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

2. hummus11

hummus11 New commenter

Possibly basic history and science and grammar tests. I took my scitt interview last year
    I had one asking about my passion and took my ukulele

3. Burrower8

Burrower8 New commenter

Is it for SSF? Sounds very similar to my interview last year.

4. maxstuart85

maxstuart85 New commenter

It's for South Farnham

5. Burrower8

Burrower8 New commenter

I thought so. Testing is maths, spag and writing. It's only done to assess if you will need extra support in these areas so don't panic too much.
    I used a resource for my presentation as a hook but keep it simple as they are strict on the 5 mins. Most important is to be engaging and eloquent, that's what the feedback was about. Make sure you've thought about your expectations of teacher training and teaching and how you will cope with the demands of it. Also your experiences in school and what you have learned from them.
    Best of luck.