1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCITT interview questions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by trickytrini, Jun 10, 2019.

1. trickytrini

trickytrini New commenter

Dear all

I'm stuck on 3 interview questions:

- How children learn?....do I talk about NLP? Singaporean method? Scaffolding?

- How would you go about creating an inclusive learning environment?...SEN issues?

-How would you respond if a child disclosed...? depends on issue? call Police? Child Protection?

Any advice, pointers, answers would be gratefully received

2. Piscean1

Piscean1 Occasional commenter

If a child discloses, you always follow the school's Safeguarding procedures which is essentially to not lead the child, and to record it accurately before passing it to a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). They will then decide what action needs to be taken.

The only time you are bound to directly report is if you suspect fgm (genital mutilation) but even in that case, speak to your Safeguarding lead for advice and a place to make the call.

The other questions I think you need to research. Knowledge of different methods is useful but they'll be looking to see that you've researched it.

3. trickytrini

trickytrini New commenter

Many thanks