1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scitt interview help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by maisiehowardx, Feb 11, 2019.

1. maisiehowardx

maisiehowardx New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I have my teacher training interview on Friday (got my email today so stressing slightly) and just wondering what I should expect and whether anyone has any tips. I’ve been a TA in reception, year 2 and year 6 and have experience with SEN and behavioral problems. The letter I received says I need to teach a skill to 8 adults, formal interview, mind mapping/discussion task, activity with 8 children and a maths, English and science test. I’m not expected to plan the children activity as they will give me time of the day but the idea of thinking on the spot scares the life out of me! A friend of mine said they sometimes give you a card with a number 1-10 and tell you to plan an activity around that number but I have no idea what I’d do. Any help would be great!!