1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCITT interview day - Help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Captain Obvious, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

If it's on nothing to do with education, stick with something you know about. I'd expect them to be looking for people to be able to communicate an idea/topic to an audience and show your enthusiasm for it.

2. Thanks for your reply, yeah i think thats the idea, just really struggling to think of a topic to speak about at the moment. I want it to be interesting to the people that need to ehar it so not really sure where to start!

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Most people hate this kind of thing but what an exciting opportunity to be able to talk about ANYTHING. Go for something you are passionate about.
    You literally could do anything:
    Global warming/carbon footprint.
    Why people should use libraries.
    A talk about a country you have been to and loved.
    Funny stories from your family.

4. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Room 101? You could do room 102 as well and have things you'd keep!!

A presentation of weird and wonderful facts that they might not know?

5. Why not talk about something about the internet and how it is changing education? Perhaps along the lines of "over-relience on social networking and internet forums is killing individual thought". I'd be interested in listening to that!
    If you can't fill 5 minutes with that you could also look at how it is "reducing research to simply asking questions".

6. Hi
    I am currently on the Pilgrim course! From what I remember of the interview day, your presentation can be on anything as they are looking at your presentation skills.
    Good luck, it is a good course.