1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SCITT chemistry TT workload

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by gagan_ghais3, Jul 27, 2020.

1. gagan_ghais3

gagan_ghais3 New commenter

Hi

I am starting SCITT ITT in September. Can anyone please tell me about the daily workload? What kind of planner i should buy- Should I just get an academic dairy or a teacher planner - if planner which one? How many assignments I would have to submit every week, month etc? Thanks

2. rolls

rolls Occasional commenter

I think you need to talk to the SCITT about their expectations, some SCITTs do have a heavy daily workload others don’t. Don’t you have a computer or tablet for planning and using as a diary?

3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

I have concerns about your provider because you don’t have this information already. I tell all of mine about the essays and the teaching load escalation table in the pre interview presentation. It will be in the course handbook which you should receive at the start of the course. You have signed up to a course without knowing the teaching load? How did you compare courses? I am interested. I tell all mine to ruthlessly compare the courses and ensure they select the best course for them. But you need information to choose the right course.