1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scilly Isles

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gergil4, Nov 18, 2018.

1. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Has anyone been camping on the Scilly Isles? In my first look into it, you can't take your car there - so how on earth do you take camping stuff over? Any holiday tips/ideas would be welcome. Thank you.

2. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Have s look at the Troytown farm website. It gives you general hints and tips about getting there with camping gear. Troytown is on St Agnes but the advice holds good for all the islands. If you’re taking a lot of stuff though I would think you’re limited to going over on the Scillonian rather than flying. All camping on scilly does tend to get booked up really quickly though. You could also look at a holiday let but that would be a bit more expensive. It is well worth it though ... it’s heavenly.

3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Meant to say ... lots of owners will pick you up from the ferry and take your stuff to your destination in a tractor and trailer.

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Paradise:):):):):):)

5. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Thank you - really helpful. However - camping is already fully booked. :(

6. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

its fantastic! book early for next year!

7. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

yes, you can have your camping gear taken to the campsite for you by tractor - a real luxury if you are used to lugging it around on the bus!

8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Aaah - I thought it might be. People tend to go every year. You might still be able to pick up a holiday let though? Some families have little one bedroom places if it's just two of you.

9. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I wanted to go on holiday there but I found it far more expensive to go there a than many other places. Shame really as we would have liked to the go...no way would we camp now though. I can not see Mrs Oldy carrying camping gear. She would have all her knitting to mange LOL

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It's worth going. Definitely.

Small businesses there move luggage including camping gear around for a very reasonable small charge. Just make sure it's correctly labelled and it'll get there before you do!