1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Scientific Notation

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by heatheruk86, Jan 25, 2011.

1. <font size="3">I was wondering if anybody has a fun activity that can be used when teaching or to reinforce Scientific Notation?</font>

2. <font size="3">I was wondering if anybody has a fun activity that can be used when teaching or to reinforce Scientific Notation?</font>

3. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Do you mean Standard Form?

4. No, I have a range of engaging applications though.
    Depends where your kids are...I like utter basics showing the size of football crowds from a local park kick about to a junior school team to a saturday league team to a semi pro regional to a 2nd division game to a championship game. Then moving onto premiership and then some of the fluctations that have been seen at Barcelona's Noucamp from 80-120'000 and how thise are represented.
    And if the girls feel excluded? Put some picture of Christiano Ronaldo on each slide of a powerpoint...usually keeps them engaged.

5. They love scientifc notation in the United States [​IMG]

6. DM

DM New commenter

Is this your audition piece to be the new Andy Gray?

7. DM

DM New commenter

Not so keen on "soccer" though are they?

8. Lord no, he is far to liberal and middle of the road. I like to think of myself of the univeral alienation machine. Women, men...all humans, even animals in fact.