1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science Week 2011

Discussion in 'Science' started by ducksgoquack, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Dear all,
    I am trying to organise my first Science Week for EYFS and KS1 and I could really do with some help! I know the theme this year is Communication with the tag line "Talk, text, rhyme and sign". I am really struggling with ideas and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I thought that Year 2 could do mini investigations and develop skills in communication scientific ideas but I am at a loss as to what EYFS and Year 1 could do! And the "Science Week Assembly" that I am getting in a pickle about!
    Any advice welcomed. Thank you in advance!

2. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

Why not contact a local secondary school about the assembly...nice Science Teachers might be prepared to help out and do something fun!
    To fit in with communication, I suppose light and sound investigations could work...of the top of my head maybe investigating which materials let light through them (OK, a bit tenuous), investigating musical instruments (how do they make sounds...nice and cross-curricular).
    My wife teaches reception, so I'll ask her and get back to you later!
    Mark

3. Telephones made of plastic cups and string? They might be too little to make these for themselves but they might still enjoy playing with them