1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science SATs sample test - year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ScienceBootCamp, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ScienceBootCamp

ScienceBootCamp New commenter

Hi there - does anyone have a copy of the science sample test paper from 2014, for year 6 SATs?

2. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

There isn't a Science sample test paper - there hasn't been a national test for several years now.
    The tests that are carried out for the national sample tests are not published at all.

3. ScienceBootCamp

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was under the impression that there was a science SATs paper in 2014 that was taken by a handful of schools that were selected randomly. I was hoping that one of the schools that took the test might somehow see this message and be able to provide a copy of the test. This was the suggestion of a Head teacher - are you saying that this will not be possible?

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

On this note - is there a sample happening this year, does anyone know? Given that this will be the first year that the new curriculum would be tested.

5. ScienceBootCamp

Yes, I have read that there is a sample happening this year, but would be great if someone can clarify?

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We we were one of the schools that piloted the test but im afraid we don't have the test papers

7. wicked witch

wicked witch New commenter

Yes, there is a Science sampling happening in 2016. As usual, the results won't be published or even given to the schools who take part however, they will publish the questions afterwards so that schools can see what has been assessed.
    The information was on the last update about 2016 assessments that came out about two weeks ago I think.

8. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

Information about the 2014 tests we'll apparently be released in December, but I dint think it will include questions. The sampling is very tightly controlled, and will probably reuse singe questions in subsequent years so I don't imagine we'll ever see the actual tests