1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science req sheets

Discussion in 'Science' started by gettingthere, Aug 30, 2016.

1. gettingthere

gettingthere New commenter

Hi all,

I would like to standardise my departments requisition sheets with equip orders on one side (A4) and brief risk assessments on the reverse. Does anyone have an exemplar?

Thank you for your help

2. jpennington196859

jpennington196859 New commenter

Requisition sheets are so old hat. We use a cloud based requisition system http://lablogger.co.uk. It's free for a year so worth trying out. My teachers love it; no more having to write out a sheet and then remembering to give it in.

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Key question - what does your technician team want?
    Electronic systems are a good solution, but the paper version can mean that teachers and technicians have a better opportunity to discuss. This can help resolve clashes of kit required, workload crises, and also promote discussion of RAs.

4. DIrectorStudies

DIrectorStudies New commenter

The Cleapss website has a good requisition sheet.

A4 is very big though.

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We always used your timetable on an excel spreadsheet. It would fit onto A4. Just type in your req for each lesson and email to the tech. She would then print off 2 copies, one for the prep room and one for your lab wall. The spreadsheet had room and class details already on it. It meant you could copy and paste if you had more than one group doing the same prac or if a prac got cancelled one week it could be pasted in for the following week.

wanet likes this.
  6. Evertonian

Evertonian New commenter

I definitely think the key thing is what works for your techs...if they want and can use electronic (as I prob would in that role) then great, if they want to hang or file paper then whatever makes their life easiest to organise!