1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science QCA units- ditch or not for Ofsted?

Discussion in 'Science' started by mac28, Mar 13, 2012.

1. HI anyone willing to help, Deputy transfixed on everyone in school teaching Science from the QCA units. In Key Stage One we have always taught topics directly though theNational Curriculm and mapped accordingly to check all covered. Any one out there have experience to back up my argument that NC is what Ofsted want and not the QCA????? Maybe I'm wrong but the QCA surely went out with the last ark, or maybe the one before that?? or even the one before that!!! Maybe I need to be on the ark and I've got it all wrong?????? Please help!!!!

2. HI anyone willing to help, Deputy transfixed on everyone in school teaching Science from the QCA units. In Key Stage One we have always taught topics directly though theNational Curriculm and mapped accordingly to check all covered. Any one out there have experience to back up my argument that NC is what Ofsted want and not the QCA????? Maybe I'm wrong but the QCA surely went out with the last ark, or maybe the one before that?? or even the one before that!!! Maybe I need to be on the ark and I've got it all wrong?????? Please help!!!!

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I don't know about KS1 but at KS3 we do QCA as the NC is a pile of poo!

4. Thank you so much for the reply! My problem is the other way around. The QCA is a pile of poo- to use your fabulous phrase!!!