1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science link - Nocturnal animals long writing task SATs y2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teaching assistant06, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hi there. I wonder if anyone can help? Which science topic do you think fits better with the Nocturnal animal writing SAT for y2, Variation or plants and animals? I want to link it so that the children have some knowledge of nocturnal animals.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Thanks pinkflipflop maybe I will do the same, do you think it would fit into variation as it describes different groups that animals and plants belong in?
    Thanks

3. deanow

deanow New commenter

Hi.
    I'm not sure it matters too much since you don't have to stick to the schemes of work provided you cover the demands of the Curriculum. There's a recent thread about the pros and cons of the schemes themselves, but I found some overlap between the 2 units you mention and adpated them accordingly. We're researching nocturnal animals and thinking about their behaviour, appearance, habitats and how they are adapted to nocturnal activities. Could fit in either unit probably.
    There's some really useful guidance on the Devon Learning & Development Partnership site. Had problems with hyperlink but try Curriculum/ Data/KS1 Support materials/ reading and writing.

Hope it helps.

4. Thanks very much Deanow the guidance is really useful.