1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

science investigations- what do you do?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by life2teach, Oct 9, 2015.

1. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

Hello,
    I've come to TES for help as you guys always have the answers or know which direction to point me in

I've been put in charge of SCIENCE and the focus is practical investigations. I'm having trouble finding examples of existing investigations that take place across the year groups.
    I'm trying to create a document of suggested investigations for year groups 1-6.
    Does anyone know where I can find it or have an example to look at. So far I've found lots of teaching ideas but no specific investigations.
    Many thanks

2. wrbdb

wrbdb New commenter

3. wrbdb

wrbdb New commenter

4. Evertonian

Evertonian New commenter

A while back we went to a local Primary (as a Secondary team) and basically said to the staff "ask away" and just gave ideas and thoughts...simplistic but hopefully useful...I'm sure a local secondary might be willing if you asked nicely? You might even build some links to borrow the odd bit of equipment or go in to prepare pupils. Another thought - 100 Science Lessons and the like...do they have any decent practicals...I started off briefly in Primary and am a believer in keeping it simple when it's hard to plan so many subjects! I'd also recommend looking at Science Learning Centre CPD...I don't know if they have any for this but they've been brilliant in the massive amounts of CPD they've given us in all sorts of areas!

5. Laurawest1987

Laurawest1987 New commenter