1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science interview

Discussion in 'Science' started by acu04347, Mar 4, 2012.

1. <h2>Hi Guys, </h2><h2>I wonder if you could help, I have been given a very vage lesson to plan and have no idea where to start. </h2><h2>Its on "The
    work of a famous physicist" I haven't seen this in a KS3 POS in any school I've been in so some direction would be greatly appreciated.</h2><h2>Thank you in advance</h2>

2. How about Galileo - a fascinating character, an eventful life and lots of possible experiments e.g. Aristotlean laws of motion vs. the "new" physics, the famous (but probably apocryphal) leaning tower of Pisa experiment or his work on telescopes and lenses....

3. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

How about Newton's work in the field of optics? Using a Newton's disc to show that rainbow colours combine to form white and a prism to show that white light can be refracted to produce a spectrum of colours.
    This could form part of the year 8 Light topic.

4. Thank you both very much for your replies.
    I have decided to go with Newton's prism experiment as it is part of the KS3 POS