1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

science GCSE with no coursework

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by rnoble, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend a combined science GCSE with no coursework, which could be taken this year (2012). I have an able student who has missed lots of school, but he has got a hope of passing a terminal exam if coursework was removed from the equation. Courework is seriously a non-starter for various reasons, and he hasn't sat any modules at all yet.

2. Can anyone recommend a combined science GCSE with no coursework, which could be taken this year (2012). I have an able student who has missed lots of school, but he has got a hope of passing a terminal exam if coursework was removed from the equation. Courework is seriously a non-starter for various reasons, and he hasn't sat any modules at all yet.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You could check out AQA as I think that external candidates have the option of a separate paper instead of an ISA.

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Such a course could become very popular!
    P

5. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

You may want to look at doing an IGCSE - I think Cambridge offer a combined single award IGCSE with Edexcel IGCSE also being a possible course

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I only got that impression because my school is a magnet for external candidates. I have 9 coming in on a saturday in a few weeks to do an ISA.

We have already had enquiries about external candiates coming in to do the new style coursework but we have had to put them off because of the sheer time required. I'm not sure how they are going to get it sorted.