1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

science fiction year 4 ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by must be crazy!, Jan 13, 2011.

1. teaching this unit next week, but struggling with stimulus. I have several stories to read exerpts from, but wondered if there was a good film we could watch?? Anyone got any pearls of wisdom, or ideas of what we could use???
    Thanks

2. teaching this unit next week, but struggling with stimulus. I have several stories to read exerpts from, but wondered if there was a good film we could watch?? Anyone got any pearls of wisdom, or ideas of what we could use???
    Thanks

3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Occasional commenter

You could use Wall-E which has also has a good environmental message. Star Wars episode 4 (the one released first in 1977) is also good. With my class we looked how it was like a fairy tale set in space which led to them changing the genre of other well know fairy stories. Both films are classified U, so not anything in them to worry about.

4. ooh, thanks. Not entirely sure I know what I am doing with this unit, so used to the little ones, not actually taught this before! My team like reading books for stimulus, I like a mixture of books and anything else that will work!!
    Mmmmm, lets see where this takes us. Any advice before I start planning my week and lessons????