1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science (electricity) song for assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon3283, May 17, 2010.

1. Hi,

I'm doing a class assembly with my year 2's in a few weeks based on electricity and was wondering if anyone knows of any good songs we could learn? I've tried looking on Singup but can't find any. The only option I have at the moment is 'This Little Light of Mine', which we sing all the time in regular assemblies anyway!
    Thank you [​IMG]

2. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

3. How about 'Electric Avenue' by Eddie Grant?

Change a few lyrics and bob's your uncle.

4. Check out the Simple Science website www.simplescience.net it is aimed at KS2 but they have songs for all the science topics.

5. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll take a look at the websites now and I love the idea of Electric Avenue!

Many thanks again [​IMG]

6. Hi

I am considering doing my assembly on electricity as well so was just wondering how yours went and whether you would recommend it? Would really appreciate the help as I am in two minds at the moment.

Thanks very much :)

7. porker

porker New commenter

8. There's a song called Electricity in the musical Billy Elliott. It's not particularly sciency but it is very, very catchy.

9. Do you have a script I could look at by any chance?

10. Hey

Do you by any chance have the script to your assembly that I could have a look at?

Thanks