1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science concept cartoons- Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by naomi2412, Mar 10, 2016.

1. naomi2412

naomi2412 New commenter

Hi all,

I'm currently researching a whole school initiative for science and I was hoping for some advice about concept cartoons. The idea is that at the start of each science lesson we use one to promote working scientifically and enquiry but I wanted to know where the best place is to buy them from? Which sets are the best across KS1 and KS2?

Thanks

2. man501

man501 New commenter

Millgate House Education are the original concept cartoon creators and have books and interactive CD editions on their website: http://www.millgatehouse.co.uk/shop/

They also supply posters to stick around school/in classes which work well with post it notes and whole class/school sharing approach to them.

The materials they provide also go into how to use concept cartoons effectively - and they run CPD sessions now and again at science teach meets, conferences etc

There is also this video which shows one way concept cartoons can help teaching:

Hope that helps!