1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science book needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blobcarp, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Hi, I am starting a Primary PGCE in September and need to purchase one of the following books:

Teaching Primary Science: Promoting Enjoyment and Developing Understanding. Loxley, Dawes, Nicholls & Dore (2010)

Achieving QTS, Primary Science Knowledge and Understanding (4th ed). Sharp et al. (2009)

Understanding Primary Science Ideas, Concepts and Explanations (3rd ed). Wenham (2009).

If anyone has one of these to sell please let me know asap on here or inbox. I can pay via paypal (ebay way) or however you please! Thanks

2. Hi, I am starting a Primary PGCE in September and need to purchase one of the following books:

Teaching Primary Science: Promoting Enjoyment and Developing Understanding. Loxley, Dawes, Nicholls & Dore (2010)

Achieving QTS, Primary Science Knowledge and Understanding (4th ed). Sharp et al. (2009)

Understanding Primary Science Ideas, Concepts and Explanations (3rd ed). Wenham (2009).

If anyone has one of these to sell please let me know asap on here or inbox. I can pay via paypal (ebay way) or however you please! Thanks

3. check out my post on the marketplace forum - I have some books I don't need but not sure if they're the ones you need

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are you sure you NEED them? Seriously?

You could wait until your start and then find some friends to share the cost with.

5. I've got the achieving QTS, Primary Science etc... but it's a second edition. (Not that they ever change that much!). DM me if you're interested.

6. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Beware the University reading list...I paid a fortune for the books on mine and I'm fairly sure I never even so much as opened them. I'd wait til you start your course in order to establish whether you do actually need them.

7. Yeah I am sceptical after reading numerous posts on these forums, but if i see a bargain, i've got the money! (that is a metaphor... I would never pay for 'it')