1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science assessments in KS1 and 2 that are not rising stars!

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by NicoleK, Jun 2, 2009.

1. NicoleK

NicoleK New commenter

We have the LCP computer tests. Okay for Year 4 and up but hopeless for KS1 and Year 3 and any special needs. Waaaaaay too much reading involved.

2. We have two systems -we use Nelson Thornes Primary Science Toolkit for KS2 and the teachers report the raw scores to me, who's underachieving and how they're going to move the children forward.
    For FS and KS1 I devised tasks for the teachers to assess key aspects of the units through observations. They then report their observations- who's underachieving an how they will move the children forward.

Hope that helps!

3. Hi there. I work for Rising Stars and am on this thread gathering feedback for our Rising Stars Assessment products.

Just wanted to let you know that in response to the comments posted here, and feedback from trialling schools, we are bringing out new updated editions this year.

Many thanks to all who left comments - they are really useful to help us to understand what teachers need.

If anyone has any further feedback after using RS Assessment, I am happy to provide an email address.

4. Hi, I am trying to purchase Rising Star assessments for Year 6, Numeracy and Literacy. Could you please point me in the right direction as I was only able to find Science to purchase. In keeping with the thread, I find them useful in that I like the levelled questions, but think they inflate levels, so teacher assessment is always necessary. If you stick to the curriculum they provide a good check up.