1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Science and Target Tracker

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by jaxxd, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Help please! Have to fill in current children's science levels for dreaded target tracker and have been given the mini-sats to do. The trouble is the children scored very highly - lots of level 2's and just started year1. Obviously the minisats are very subject knowledge specific and when all 6 units are complete I will get a realistic end of year level, but obviously can't enter this into TT now. Should I just take these levels as their end of year levels and mark them down two-thirds of a level and enter this into TT? What do other schools do? Can't find any other help with this!

2. Help please! Have to fill in current children's science levels for dreaded target tracker and have been given the mini-sats to do. The trouble is the children scored very highly - lots of level 2's and just started year1. Obviously the minisats are very subject knowledge specific and when all 6 units are complete I will get a realistic end of year level, but obviously can't enter this into TT now. Should I just take these levels as their end of year levels and mark them down two-thirds of a level and enter this into TT? What do other schools do? Can't find any other help with this!

3. Hi jaxxd

You should find quite a 'spread' as you progress through the six units, with the Living Things units consistently easier to understand than the others - thus always scoring relatively highly. Use the levelling graphs to come up with a 'best-fit' end-of-year level in June/July, treating a single test score as just an 'indicator'.