1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Schools will rock you help/advice

Discussion in 'Music' started by seakay, May 10, 2012.

1. seakay

seakay New commenter

HI all, I was wondering if anyone had used this as a show before? I've contacted them twice about buying scripts and a license but they've not got back to me yet.

If you did use them, were they slow at getting things sorted? I don't suppose anyone has a contact number?

I'm just a bit anxious that we've only got a week before we get going on the show!

It just strikes me as odd, that a company would be sooo slow to respond. Other sites where you buy performances are practically one click and you're there...

Thanks!

2. seakay

seakay New commenter

HI all, I was wondering if anyone had used this as a show before? I've contacted them twice about buying scripts and a license but they've not got back to me yet.

If you did use them, were they slow at getting things sorted? I don't suppose anyone has a contact number?

I'm just a bit anxious that we've only got a week before we get going on the show!

It just strikes me as odd, that a company would be sooo slow to respond. Other sites where you buy performances are practically one click and you're there...

Thanks!

3. My daughter took part in a performance of We will Rock you last year with a youth theatre group. I gathered from her that the group leaders had selected the musical and were kept waiting quite a while before they had the go ahead to put the performance on.
    So yes, maybe they are a bit slow? (However, I was not involved at all - apart from as a parent of a performer, so I don't really know the details)

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Every single school in our area seems to be doing this show at the moment. Maybe they're just snowed under with requests!

5. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

We did this show with a live band last year. It was amazing!! They we're very slow at dealing with requests so just keep bugging them. That's what we did and they eventually gave us everything we needed.

6. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference Occasional commenter

I found them to be a bit slow in replying, but if you phone them they're really helpful.

7. Would you be able to pass on the telephone number that you used to contact the company? We are having trouble and I can't seem to find a contact number anywhere!

8. We had no problem at all. The company were very quick and everything was done via email. We booked/organised ours back in February (for performance in a few weeks) and all correspondence was dealt with in a couple of days.

9. Sir Cumference

Once you have paid for the licence and have received the play, the music etc, you will have been given an email address. I found this to be excellent, and am surprised you have a problem.
    info@schoolswillrockyou.com is a good starting point

10. Hello there.
    I too am having a problem with contact. After emailing the company 3 times over the last 3 months, I am yet to receive a reply. Please may somebody forward the telephone number or alternate contact number for the company as we are really keen to perform this production.

11. Sir Cumference

Phone Universal Music on 0845 070 2036. They will be glad to help. Once the ball is rolling the help will be very forthcoming.

12. Thank you very much for the information.