1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

school's system information for Italy

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by giabru, Jun 25, 2016.

1. giabru

giabru New commenter

Hi to all,
    my name is Gianluca Bruno and i am italian student working on my degree's thesis. I'm sorry if i have posted this thread in a wrong place, but since my particular request, i think there's not a place it will be right to post in.
    I'm here to ask the help of theacher's or anyone who can help me to find information on the uk education system, particularly in this aspect:
    1: there is in UK a law or policy system who force or reccomend the use of elettronic (online) professor register. In italy we have since the 2012 a law who's oblige the school's to dematerialized the information of student's votation,
    absences etc..., if not can you describe or link how you're edutional system is from this particular view?
    2: can you link or name the software used in the school?
    Every other information are gladly accepted. thank's to all.
    (i'm sorry for my poor english, i'm promise i will improve my english!!!)

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

giabru likes this.
  3. giabru

giabru New commenter

is this kind of solution reguleted by some kind of uk's law?

4. drvs

drvs Star commenter

There is no law which requires the use of SIMS specifically, but Capita has an 80%+ MIS market share . Right time, right product.

The government requires schools to collect and submit significant amounts of data annually meaning that all schools need an MIS.

wanet and giabru like this.
  5. giabru

giabru New commenter

can you tell me how it's called this data requirent? In italy for example it's called SIIS (wich stand for integrated anagrafic sistem)

6. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I don't think that there are rules about having to use a particular product, but there are rules about how it works, e.g. you're not allowed to take the register in advance and it needs to default to absent rather than present. You might be better asking a local authority attendance officer rather than teachers.

7. drvs

drvs Star commenter