1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School's out for Summer

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Oct 9, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blazer minor works for the police. They sometimes get offers on concert tickets. Using a promo code he sent to me I just booked 2 tickets to see Alice Cooper at the NEC Birmingham on Friday for £7! It has cost an additional £6.25 to park the car! OK, I won't be in the mosh pit but £3.50 a ticket!!! (actually the tickets were free but had a £3.50 booking fee)! Now I have to find something suitable to wear!!!

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Something black.

Enjoy!

ilovesooty and blazer like this.
  3. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

What a bargain. Don’t forget your makeup!

blazer likes this.
  4. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I'm most jealous! Sounds like fun.

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I play my class seventies, eighties and nineties rock classics whilst they sit their regular, timed multiplication table tests, and the other day it was Alice Cooper's Poison, as requested by a young chap with an evident degree of taste. It makes something a little more fun out of something a little dull, and we talk about the music they've been exposed to afterwards.

As there were a couple of minutes left of the song after the three minutes for the test had expired, we switched the IWB screen display over, to watch the remainder of the video on YouTube.

And then had to immediately follow this up with a quick chat about how objectification is wrong :confused:

Lesson learned. Even 'official videos' of songs from the 80s probably need a pre-watch before playing them to a load of ten and eleven year olds!

lanokia, bevdex, Jesmond12 and 5 others like this.
  6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I did something similar with Metallica's whiskey in the jar. I must have selected the wrong vid on youtube (I had used this before) and suddenly there was a woman's bare chest on the screen!

Jesmond12, primarycat and nick909 like this.
  7. caress

caress New commenter

Lol, I was just watching that video last week. Try "Youth Gone Wild" by Skid Row or "We're Not Going to take It" (Twisted Sister) instead. Much more family friendly.

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Great show. MC50 warmed up then the Stranglers did a set followed by the man himself. Show started at 7 and ended 11.30. As we were leaving the bloke sat behind sais to me "that was £45 well spent" So I had to tell him how much I had paid!

primarycat, bevdex and Jesmond12 like this.
  9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Stranglers too?! Really really jealous now.

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Strangler really. Only one original in the band. Mind you that could also be said of MC50 and Alice Cooper.

I only found out just before we left home to go that the Stranglers were supporting.

primarycat likes this.
  11. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Times table rock stars? I play lots of Adam and the Ants to my Y4s instead.

12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I did supply in a German dept a couple of years back and I played them Rammstein while they worked. The regular teacher, apparently, played them classical music by German composers.

13. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I saw Gary Numan last Monday - jolly good he was too.

14. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Only just spotted this
    I went to the concert at Leeds last Monday. Absolutely brilliant.

blazer likes this.