1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Schools in Jeddah

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by tinapina, Jan 12, 2018.

1. tinapina

tinapina New commenter

Anyone any idea what schools are like in Saudi? Are the salaries good in comparison with the rest of ME? Am English teacher so looking at a school which will prep me to teach good grammar!

2. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Established commenter

A friend of mine just started at $93 000 tax free...plus the usual benefits.... shes not in a British school though

3. makhnovite

makhnovite Occasional commenter

hopetoteach10 - could it be? No, it couldn't possibly? It is!!!

Helen-Back and Alldone like this.
  4. dumbbells66

Yes its obviously him. I dont know how many times i''ve told
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    , just because he cant find these jobs, he thinks they dont exist. Stop looking at British schools. NONE of the jobs i quote are British schools. I know nothing about them, and cant think of one in the whole world i would want to work at.

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    :)

Alldone likes this.
  5. lottee1000

lottee1000 Occasional commenter

Quite a long absence this time, I was getting worried!

dumbbells66 likes this.
  6. Alldone

Alldone Established commenter

dumbbells66 likes this.
  7. dumbbells66

Alldone likes this.
  8. Leigh1999

Leigh1999 New commenter

Back to the OP’s question...

I don’t teach out there but from what I’ve researched the answer to your question is yes. A school at which you can prep to teach good grammar would be a good one to work at but schools are very hit and miss so make sure you do your research. I suggest you search for a website that provides summaries of International schools written by people that have experienced them as teachers (if you haven’t already).

A sage old hippo should be along shortly to give you a more comprehensive response, or you could send a conversation- he’s very helpful.

9. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

Alldone likes this.
  10. dumbbells66

looks like we will have to refer to him as "the one that must not be named" now:)

blueskydreaming likes this.
  11. makhnovite

makhnovite Occasional commenter

dumbbells66 likes this.
  12. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

The Unspeakable One? I did not know that I was so unpopular. Maybe some people are fed up with me always mentioning my blog. (By the way, you can find it at www.bulgariawithnoodles.blogspot.com.)

Okay, let us get back to the original question: schools in Jeddah. The TES Moderators have already taken an axe to this thread, so no, we must not name names. Yes, I would absolutely agree with Leigh1999 that a preparation for grammar might be a good thing, but a more European (or Continental) outlook would be even better. However, there are some unspeakably awful schools in Jeddah, so please be careful. Schools with Arabic-sounding names should certainly be avoided.

13. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone, please can I remind you all of the following:

Banned members should not be discussed on the forums. Their behaviour has made their position in the Community untenable. They are no longer part of the Community and it is unfair to discuss them if they are not able to contribute or defend their position. Please remember that banned members may be reading the forums and can still make complaints regarding comments about them.

If you believe that a banned member has returned to the forum then please report the post or thread so that approriate action can be taken. Thank you.