1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Schools Direct Application *WAIT TIME*

Discussion in 'Primary' started by PennyBlack1, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PennyBlack1

PennyBlack1 New commenter

Hi there,

I submitted my teacher training application, via UCAS, last Wednesday (10th October)
    I have applied for 3 schools, all of which are for a salaried training position.

I am a member of a facebook group for aspiring teachers and feel really alarmed at the number of people who have already heard back and been offered interviews- some have interviews as early as this week- one person heard back within an hour of their application and another got interview invites for all their 3 choices the day after submission.

I'm aware of UCAS's 40day application policy- but I'm just incredibly worried that my application has been looked at, and declined, and there is no way of me knowing until 4th Dec when the 40days is up with UCAS!

Two Q's:

1) How long did you wait to hear back from providers, if you were successful for interview?
    2) If the schools don't want to interview you, does UCAS update this on the tracking system?

Thank you all so much in advance! xx

2. Luckyteach98

Luckyteach98 New commenter

Hi, I did hear back from one after 2 days of submitting my application but every organisation is different! I suppose it just depends on how many they have received!

ucas should let you know of any offers/declines but as you said they have a while to reply so I would not worry!
    x

3. TheOracleAtDelphi

TheOracleAtDelphi Occasional commenter

I can't comment on the specifics as the system has changed completely since I applied but two things spring to mind:

a) do you remember when you were in sixth form applying for uni (apologies if you took a different route and this doesn't apply) and some people heard back really quickly from unis and others still hadn't heard anything after months of waiting? It's just like that - some organisations will be speedier than others.

b) a Facebook group is not representative of everyone, especially as people will be more likely to post when they have heard rather than posting each day that they haven't heard...

I'm not going to say 'don't worry' as I don't think it helps but I very much doubt it is you or you are the only one

4. DexterDexter

DexterDexter Occasional commenter