1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Schools closing because of strike action?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lookingfornemo, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Just that really. I'm in NAS so I won't be striking this time and will have to go into work on 30th, but when do we find out if the school is actually closed that day? Kids were asking today and I had to say I had no idea! Do we have to give parents a certain amount of notice?

2. Just that really. I'm in NAS so I won't be striking this time and will have to go into work on 30th, but when do we find out if the school is actually closed that day? Kids were asking today and I had to say I had no idea! Do we have to give parents a certain amount of notice?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

We're expecting to hear on Wednesay morning in the full staff meeting.

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I've been wondering the same. We have a staff briefing tomorrow and letters home usually go out on a Wednesday so presumably we'll be told something tomorrow with letters to parents Weds. Who knows!

5. impis

impis New commenter

We only have two members of staff in the NUT so I doubt that the school will close.