1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

schools and different areas

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by tree1212, May 5, 2011.

1. Hello all. I am looking to go into teaching, and i have a quick question to run by you. what has the area or community have to do with how you teach or the issues you may encounter. I always thought that in any school you will have mixed abilities. ive been told that in poorer areas you have generally less motivated or able students than in rich ones ( dont ask me why, as i thought being impoverished made you strive harder), but what else is there?
    Thanks

2. Hello all. I am looking to go into teaching, and i have a quick question to run by you. what has the area or community have to do with how you teach or the issues you may encounter. I always thought that in any school you will have mixed abilities. ive been told that in poorer areas you have generally less motivated or able students than in rich ones ( dont ask me why, as i thought being impoverished made you strive harder), but what else is there?
    Thanks

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

In wealthier areas, there are more job opportunities if you get qualifications and more positive role models.
    P