1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School-wrecking beast on the loose again

Discussion in 'Personal' started by magic surf bus, Feb 16, 2016.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Recently a wild-eyed beast got into a school and ran amok, savaging staff and creating mayhem all round before being forced out of the premises. It subsequently escaped and is believed to be intent on creating similar chaos in the first available school it can find.

But enough of my old Headteacher, that rampaging leopard in India has escaped from its cage and is on the loose again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-35584909

RedQuilt likes this.
  2. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Oops! I thought this was an Ofsted thread for a moment. :)

3. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

[​IMG]
    That's a convenient gash to have in the back of your trousers when tackling dangerous creatures, isn't it?

4. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

All credit to the guy for trying to deal with the animal. Why isn't the photographer trying to help rather than take a pic?

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I can't access that link due to Broadband problems (being connected to fibre optics tomorrow - hurray) but the original video of the leopard in the school seemed to involve a lot of running around shouting. Guaranteed to enrage the beast I should think.

6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Indeed

Possibly he/she has more sense?
    They are quite formidable creatures

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The coverage of this story raised a query for me. If a zoo or circus animal had escaped in this country and was filmed running around a school mauling and biting staff members who were screaming in terror, would BBC News have broadcast it? If not, why did they think it was OK to show it happening in India?

Maybe one or two underlying assumptions about how we represent foreign countries?

8. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Damn the BBC for their total lack of political correctness. How dare they.