1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Websites

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lord J, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I have been given the 'glorious' task of building a new school website.
    Does anyone have a good school website they wouldn't mind sharing so that I could "borrow" some ideas re design, content etc? This will allow me to have a skeleton site for a group of children to work on after the holidays.
    Thanks in anticipation
    J

2. I have been given the 'glorious' task of building a new school website.
    Does anyone have a good school website they wouldn't mind sharing so that I could "borrow" some ideas re design, content etc? This will allow me to have a skeleton site for a group of children to work on after the holidays.
    Thanks in anticipation
    J

3. If you go on the different authority sites you can find links to every school website in that area. Have you tried googling the sites of schools in your area?

4. I have been having a look around (Scottish schools online has been superb) and there are some great websites out there and some not so great! Now wondering if I should use web building software to build from scratch or use a school website builder with templates ... the more I look, the later is more appealing

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

hmmm, you have been 'given' this task? remember that you don't <u>have</u> to do it, creating websites is not one of our professional duties.
    If you are going to do it but want it quick and easy use a template from one of the online website builders, or copy an exisiting one. If you want to use it as a learning opportunity treat it as skill acquisition, get the school to send you on a course, buy software (probably Dreamweaver) and give you time in school to develop it. As the designer you are not responsible for acquiring content.

6. JennaLouis

JennaLouis New commenter

Here's a great source on that matter http://www.webbuildersguide.com/website-builder-categories/best-website-builders-for-education/, you can find many ideas there. Plus, there are some rather helpful tutorials. Hope it helps!