1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

School Websites

Discussion in 'Primary' started by marlin, Jul 5, 2011.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I've seen schools that have children's drawings of the staff. I've never had my own picture on a school website.

2. But would you be happy to have your picture on there? I would much rather have a 'child' portrait, especially knowing how computer savvy some of the parents are!

3. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Senior commenter

Our local primary school uses the picture of the head taken by the school photographer. Unfortunately he's one of those trendy ones who takes the pictures with the subject lying on their front, and the head of the school is a large lady with an enormous bust. So the picture of he school's home page is akin to staring down the grand canyon. They also have these terrible photos up in the entrance hall, of all the staff. It looks very unprofessional.

I'm sure you can ask not to have your photo on the website. I'd never put anyone's picture on without their permission.

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

yes, ask for it to be replaced but have a pic ready of yourself that you like (obviously) for them to use so it's no hassle to change the photo.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I would rather not have my photo in a formal staff list, but it is there with groups of children in the subject area of the website - photos following concerts, for example.

6. [​IMG]

7. Thanks for your replies. I shall go in tomorrow armed with a picture I like [I must have one somewhere [​IMG]].
    Perhaps they'd be happy to use this - [​IMG]